As founder of the only Vedic evidence based childbirth preparation course, and with over 20 years teaching experience I am very excited to launch our first She Births® – Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training.
This unique and comprehensive training is available to yoga teachers, doulas, midwives, mothers, pregnant women, childbirth educators and any other people passionate about pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
Throughout the training you will discover ancient Vedic wisdom and philosophy to enrich your life and others around you. You will also learn the most up to date modern science and practical techniques available to support yourself and pregnant women throughout this wonderful rite of passage.
The training will leave you feeling grounded in a knowledge of women, the wonders of the human body and deeply connected to your true Nature. It will give you the tools to support others in having the most natural birth possible and more importantly, give women the mindset to have a beautiful birth no matter what unfolds.
Part One is open for all people to attend. Parts Two and Three are only applicable to certified yoga teachers.
As a yoga teacher you can gain full certification from Yoga Australia and The Birthing Institute by registering and completing all three components below: Part One, Part Two and Part Three (not completed face to face).
The full 50 hour training comprises of 4 days face to face totalling 33 hours. The remaining 17 hours are for your own reading, researching, reviewing of books, completing written assignments and logging attendance at other other prenatal or postnatal classes.
Please complete the enrolment form and register with your deposit below for Part One OR for Certification: Parts 1, 2 & 3. The training will be led by Nadine Richardson and include other specialist yoga teachers, midwife, chiropractor and physiotherapists.
** Space is strictly limited
** You must register and pay a non refundable deposit to hold your space
** You must complete all 3 Parts to receive YOGA AUSTRALIA certification
Part One – Discovering the Mystery of Pregnancy and Birth
- Reclaim the spiritual purpose of childbirth and understand the Vedic principles and teachings for mothers, fathers and babies
- Anatomy, physiology & chemistry of fertility, pregnancy and childbirth
- The amazing Inner and Outer Resources for childbirth that are scientifically proven to create a more natural birth experience
- Perinatal Ayurvedic care for women and finding mental wellbeing while the endocrine and nervous systems continually change
Guest speakers: Midwife and physiotherapist
Part Two – Empowering your Women and honouring the Perinatal Period
- Teaching techniques for pre and postnatal classes
- Asana, pranayam and chanting for classes across each trimester
- Integrating pregnant women into your general classes
- Principles for adjusting mum and baby that work to enhance her health and make birth easier
- Optimal class structures that allow you to teach easily and safely while also expressing your unique inner wisdom
Guest speakers: Chiropractor and physiotherapist
Part Three – Integrating and applying wisdom, compassion and knowledge
- Attendance logged at 6 pre, post and fertility yoga classes with a brief summary and observation of each
- Reading Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Dr Sarah Buckley
- Research and complete a written assignment on one common pregnancy or birth complication
- Lesson plans completed for pre and postnatal classes detailing technique, cues and variations given.
Resources given to every participant in the training:
- Detailed She Births® PYTT booklet valued at $100
- She Births® Prenatal Yoga DVD valued at $30
- Teachers Forum with Nadine Richardson and other teachers – priceless 😉
Dates: Completed in your own time and delivered in 2 months post training