Become a She Births® Educator in 2020
Through our She Births® Certification Program you will be able to facilitate our world leading program that helps improve birth outcomes for mums and babies and change the current culture of birth from over medicalisation to engagement and enrichment.
You will be able to transform the fear of birth into confidence and empower couples with tools and techniques guaranteed to make a difference.
She Births® takes all the guess work out of childbirth education and hands the power of birth and parenting back to couples. Allowing them to create a more normal and joyous birth experience and bond more deeply as a family.
Become a She Births® Educator if you are ready to
- Support women to have better and more normal birth experiences
- Educate couples to have a more bonding experience throughout labour
- Assist families to feel empowered for the challenges of parenthood
- Ready to work with a team of passionate leaders supporting one another
- Minimum 1 month pre-requisite video and reading materials completed
- Initial 5 day face-to-face intensive training in Byron Bay with your group
- A 3 month period to complete clinical’s, reviews and feedback forms
- A 1 day intensive to complete training completed online as a group
- Monthly online meetings with all educators
- Continual ongoing support & assessment is provided throughout the 12 month period to refine teaching
Applications are considered based upon
- Previous work experience with birth e.g. midwife, doula, educator
- Skills as a teacher and facilitator
- Passion and commitment for normal birth
Assisting and observing at a minimum of 2 face-to-face courses with Nadine Richardson is essential. It is ideal to attend one course prior to training and another course after training. Written applications and interviews are required before acceptance.
As the She Births® brand continues to develop at an international level educator applications are assessed upon the contribution they will make to our expanding community as well as expansion in particualar regions.
Subjects covered in training
- She Births® philosophy, values and aims
- Scientific research supporting She Births® and natural birthing
- Beliefs around birth – personal, cultural and spiritual
- The numerous sources of pain during labour & how we minimise them
- Anatomy & physiology of birth
- The stages and hormones of labour & our She Births® approach
- Variations of normal & complications
- Developing the appropriate mindset for birth
- The 9 inner resources for birth
- The 9 outer resources for birth
- The significance of doula-type support from partners
- Breastfeeding and early parenting
- Adult education guidelines and skills
- The educators role & responsibilities
- How to transmit confidence and empower through specific use of language
- Essential business skills and efficient operations with our technology and online resources
- Marketing your courses and upholding the She Births® brand
“I have participated in many varied training situations over my professional life and this was one of the best I have been at. It was backed up with substantial evidence and was extremely informative and thorough. It was very supportive and utilised adult learning techniques beautifully.”
Robyn Brodie-Reed (Birth educator with 17 yrs experience as educator trainer)
How to apply:
Download and review the Prospectus
Please note: Dates for 2020 so far May 18th – 22nd in Byron Bay. If you are interested in becoming a She Births® educator, please submit an application form and we will be in touch with the next steps. You are also welcome to send any queries to [email protected]
We’re passionate about delivering the best program for your needs. If you have any questions at all, give us a call on 1300 101 SHE (743) or email us at [email protected]. We’ll respond to any requests as quickly as possible.